Woman of the Year Eligibility Guidelines
The prime candidates for Atlanta Area Council Woman of the Year will meet the following requirements:
- Must have been elected by her local league as its Woman of the Year for the previous calendar year.
- Must be an active member of the Atlanta Area Council (AAC) in good standing (current National and local dues paid).
- Must have attended at least three of the AAC events or meetings listed below during the current calendar year:
- Regularly scheduled quarterly meetings (2)
- June Workshop
- July Luncheon
- Must have served on her local league’s executive board or served as a committee chair in the last two years.
- Must have attended an ABWA National Leadership Conference or Regional Conference in the last two years.
After the WOY committee ensures that eligibility requirements have been met, 3 independent judges from the business community will rank the applicants based on the data from the application questionnaires submitted.
- Printable Form: AAC Woman of the Year Questionnaire
- Online Questionnaire: Click here to complete Questionnaire Online
Please return completed printed questionnaire to email@example.com.
AAC Woman of the Year History
Established under Past Council Chair, Jenell Orr, The Council Woman of the Year program was created to recognize a member who has made notable contributions and attained outstanding personal achievements. Candidates are selected from the current League Woman of the Year of the local Leagues and Express Networks. Judging is done by perons who have no affiliation with ABWA, with the criteria based on an established point system.
Consideration is given for ABWA participation and accomplishments, career accomplishments, community involvement and education achievements. The winner is announced at the January luncheon.
AAC Women of the Year
- 2017 – Glenda Shivers – Golden Dome
- 2016 – Teresa Williams – Pyramid
- 2015 – Kimberly Carswell – Hidden Hills
- 2014 – Patti Bryson – New-Roc
- 2013 – Pat Zovickian – Hidden Hills
- 2012 – Denise DeBurst Gines – Hidden Hills
- 2011 – Janice Trusdale Harris – Hidden Hills
- 2010 – Darlene Andrews (ADEN) & Terri Hair (Golden Dome)
- 2009 – Shirley Mensching – Cherokee Eagle
- 2008 – Rosemary Sims Willingham – Southlake
- 2007 – Richie Morris – Atlanta Downtown Express Network
- 2006 – Bessie Poole – Dogwood Prime Time Connection
- 2005 – Launa Bacon – Golden Dome
- 2004 – Pamela K. Burnett – Golden Dome
- 2003 – Christine Mann – Onyx
- 2002 – Nysia Lanier – Regency
- 2001 – JoAnn Strike – Georgia Peach
- 2000 – Marlena Coggins – Golden Dome
- 1999 – Judy Paugh – Northlake